Friday, October 25, 2013

That Creative Feeling

Years ago some words would appear in my head, and quite often I'd imagine an entire short story: beginning, middle, and end. It was a great experience, and I'd do what I could to write everything down as soon as I could. It happened again yesterday--and it's been a long time. I was in my car listening to a couple of sportswriters reading essays on NPR, and as soon as one of the men stopped, I had an idea for a story I wanted to write. Fifteen minutes later, when I stopped my car and started to ride my bike, I had the entire story: beginning scene, middle events, characters, and final scene.

I wrote the story this morning in an hour. It's not great, maybe not good. It works around trite and over-used  plot and theme, but the first draft is done. As soon as I get it formatted for HTML, I'll put it here.

Thanks, Muse.

No comments: