Sunday, June 1, 2014

Three Random Thoughts

The semester ended a couple of weeks ago, and now I have an extra night free each week. Of course, I also have free throughout the week since I've got no papers to grade and nothing to prepare for. Somewhat addicted to work, however, I did start a 5-week course at another school, though it's just one night a week. A co-worker asked a good question: "Why do you keep doing it?" I didn't have a good answer.

Travels are on the horizon, and this time we're be visiting someplace new to us. I'm excited. This will be my first extended vacation (2 weeks) in a very long time. I'm hopeful that I'll learn something along the way.

My guitar, try as I might, is still getting the best of me. I seem to be learning and growing more comfortable, but progress is slow. Do I want to learn theory? Should I practice scales for an hour each day? Do I simply want to play pop songs? Good questions. And, again, I don't have a good answer.


No comments: