Monday, October 12, 2015

Intermission #2

What follows is additional commentary on the work of fiction (Home). This is mainly filler because there isn't much else going on, fiction-wise.



Fiction-wise, there are parts in my head--a mental exercise in laying the foundation for whatever will follow. But some things away from the story--a couple of them not pleasant--have transpired over the last couple of months, and they have proven to be lingering distractions.

Heeding my own advice, I've begun keeping notes about who the characters are and when certain events take place. I've also begun adding the separate Intenet parts to a Microsoft Word document that I can print, append, and annotate. I should also retrieve one of my many blank notebooks so I can capture random thoughts about everyone and everything.

I'm up to, what, 14 segments now? I actually started a 15th but decided part-way through that it wasn't working. 

What's missing from the creative process is silence. Not the after-the-tv-is-turned-off-before-bedtime quiet but extended silence. Unfortunately, extended silence is and will be hard to come by. 

More fiction to come, I promise.


No comments: